Thursday, January 7, 2010

What if?

I had a interesting patron come in to the library this morning very happy that she had finished recording a small cemetery by her family home in another state this past summer. She is now realizing the oops she made she didn't record them by lot numbers and has no photos. There were many stones that were crumbling, handmade stones falling apart, hard to read stones but may were unique. My question to her is what if? What if something happens before she gets back to photograph them? vandals, weather, clearing of the land so many things effect these stones and in the course of one year you never know what is going to happen. What if you can't get back to the cemetery and it is two or three years? I always tell people when given the opportunity to always get a picture don't wait until tomorrow. Maybe it is because I am married to photographer but more likely because I learned the hard way and didn't listen to my own words. Now I even resort to sketching the stone if I can't get a good photo of it. Always try to get a image never wait until tomorrow. What is that old saying Grandma use to say "do it today we never know what tomorrow will hold".

No comments:

Post a Comment